Before you buy a high chair for your child, there are many factors to consider, such as safety features, overall features, budget, color etc. As we’ve mentioned before, safety should be your number one consideration. Check out the brands you are considering in person, even if you plan to buy online. If you do buy online, make sure the warranty and return policies match those in the store to ensure you are buying authentic products. Read the reviews.
Buying a quality high chair, one that is not only safe, but also easy to care for, should be the top of your list. Avoid any high chairs that can pinch your hands when opening or closing. Choosing a high chair that can accommodate a baby carrier makes life so much easier. After feeding and burping baby, take the carrier out of the high chair and you are ready to go! Whether you are going grocery shopping, to a movie or visiting family, having a high chair that can fit a carrier is heavenly! Keep an extra high chair at your Mom’s and In-Law’s house if possible. Or you can feed baby in the carrier – either way is convenient.
Before you buy a High Chair
Rated an overall 9.6, the Graco Blossom 4 in #1 High Chair Seating System, is well-worth the investment. This 4 in 1unit will grow with your baby and see him through his toddler years.
This is a must-have on your baby registry! This Graco Blossom 4 in 1 High Chair Seating System has 6 height adjustments and 3 reclining positions to allow for easy feedings. One of the nicest features is the single-hand removable tray that is dishwasher-safe. Additionally, the innovative design allows you to seat two children simultaneously with a booster high chair and a youth chair.
This high chair is the crème de la crème! The Peg Perego Siesta Highchair, Arancia receives a 9.2 rating –check out all the features!!
The Peg Perego Siesta Highchair will provide you many years of use, from newborn through toddler stage. This high chair is easy to move from room to room with floor-friendly casters that lock down, all the parts are easy to clean—when you’re done with it, simply fold and store in a closet. Free up kitchen floor space when not in use. It has 9 reclining positions and converts to a handy sleeper as well.
If you are into wood and want the perfect high chair that will accommodate your growing child, the Abiie Beyond Wooden High Chair with Tray is the perfect solution. Rated at 8.70 the seat of this highchair and footrest are notched to make adjusting easier.
Once you are done with it as a high chair, this chair can be used as a desk chair, accommodating up to 250#. Available in 2 colors
Baby Feeding Utensils
There are literally hundreds upon hundreds of baby eating utensils in all shapes, colors, sizes and materials. When selecting the best feeding utensils for baby, you should consider the following:
- Make sure that natural wood utensils are healthy, BPA-Free and Phthalate-Free (Hand wash to last longer)
- If you choose to go with plastic utensils, choose silicone whenever possible and ensure that it too is Lead Free, Phthalate Free, Non-Toxic, and Eco-Friendly
- Fun utensils will keep baby occupied and interested in learning to self-feed
- Make sure they are durable, easy to clean and store
- Make sure they are age-appropriate for baby’s stage of development
- Spoons for infants should have a soft silicone tip that is gentle on mouth and gums
Some of the best brands in baby utensils currently on the market take the time to make their products eco-friendly and 100% baby safe. They all meet FDA requirements and beyond.
Before you buy any baby utensils, check out this list of some of the top brands and see why people recommend them:
The Summer Infant 3Dlite Convenience Stroller has been rated one of the best value-priced, durable strollers and has received a 4.75/5.0 rating for convenience and ease of use. It has a lightweight and stylish aluminum frame making it easy to carry and one of the most feature-rich strollers on the market. With an easy to fold frame and carrying strap, you can be on-the-go or stow-n-go in a flash!
Some additional features include:
- 4 position reclining
- 5-point safety harness
- Adjustable/removable canopy with flip-out sun visor
- Anti-shock front wheels
- Compact folding with carry strap and auto lock
- Extra-large storage basket and rear storage pocket
- Large seat area for children up to 80#
- Lockable rear wheels to stop rolling
For those folks that love to jog, now you can take your new addition to the family along with great ease! The Baby Jogger City Mini Single Stroller is the 1 best-selling baby jogger-stroller on the market.
You can accessorize this unit with Baby Jogger Car Seat Adapter as well as a weather shield. Add a child tray and you are outfitted to the max! Happy trails!
Car seats are one of the best inventions ever – thousands of children’s lives and limbs have been save since they became mandatory. With each new model, safety and comfort are the primary focus. Before you buy a car seat, check out some the models that have been rated best in class, then decide. While buying online can save you money with free shipping and in some cases no tax, be sure to visit a local retailer to check out the model(s) you may be considering for your little bundle of joy.
Here are 5 things you will need to know before you invest in a car seat – invest in your child’s life:
Car seats are designed for specific ages and weight limits. Picking the right one is important – the car seat shouldbe age and size-appropriate for your child. Some car seats will grow with your child, but only up to a certain weight. Check out the specs for any models you may be considering. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has a detailed list of the four typesof car-seats as an online resource.
- Direction and Location
Read the instructions carefully-call the manufacturer with any questions if you are not sure. Understand which way the car seat needs to face in your car—some seats are forward-facing, while others are rear-facing. Location of the car seat is important depending on factors such as the kind of car you have, or if there’s another seat in the car.
Installation also depends on a variety of factors, for example what kind of car seat you purchase as well as what kind of vehicleit will be installed in. The important thing to understand is that every car seat is different—read the seat manual carefully to make sure you’re installing the car seat securely.
Check out the harness system of the car seat – a 5-point harness is the best there is. It is important for you to read your car seat manuals as well as the owner’s manual for your car to ensure that your child is properly positioned to protect her from potential injury.
4.75 Star Rating
|Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat, Matrix |
· ReclineSure 9-position leveling system for an accurate fit in a wider range of vehicles
· Dual RideRight bubble level-indicators
· Exclusive SuperCinch LATCH tightener
· 6-position adjustable headrest
· Harness strap position widens with headrest adjustment to accommodate growing children
· 5-point harness with one-pull tightener
· 2-position chest clip for growing children
· Infant insert for smaller babies
· Integrated LATCH strap slide path for conversion from rear-facing to forward-facing
· Built in lock-offs for vehicle belt installation
· Integrated LATCH storage compartments
· Thermal-insulated cup holder with pocket
4.75 Star Rating
|Britax USA Advocate ClickTight Convertible Car Seat|
This No.1-rated convertible car seat installs securely and leaves you confident of its safety features:
· 3 layers of side impact protection
· Snug harness indicator
· Impact-absorbing base and steel frame
· V-shaped tether to minimize seat rotation
· Quick-adjust head protection
· Push button seat height changes
The innovative ClickTight Installation System is the safest and easiest technology on the market. Just open the front of the car seat, buckle the seat belt across and click the seat shut-the seat won’t budge and you can travel worry-free with your child. Britax developed the Advocate ClickTight to safely and comfortably hold your child from birth all the way through the preschool years. Brilliantly engineer to compress in the event of a crash, keeping your child safe.
|4.75 Star Rating||Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat, Saturn|
· The Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat holds a rear-facing infant from 5 – 30 lbs. (height: 19 – 37 inches) and a forward-facing toddler from 22 – 40 lbs. (height: 28 – 40 inches).
· The Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat meets or exceeds all applicable Federal Safety Standards, as well as Evenflo’ s Side Impact Test Standard for Structural Integrity
· The 4 shoulder strap positions on the Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat allow it to accommodate growing children longer, and the easy to access upfront harness adjustment and buckle release makes it convenient for simple harness adjusting.
· The energy absorbing foam liner used in the Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat provides added safety at the same time providing extreme comfort for your infant or toddler.
· Harness covers, buckle covers and a plush head pillow will keep your infant or toddler comfortable during long car trips.
· The easily removed machine washable seat pad allows for simple cleaning, and the plastic and metal parts can be wiped clean with mild soap and water.
For almost a century, Evenflo has been a leader in safety, innovation and education. The Evenflo Tribute LX adheres to that mission in providing a convertible car seat that combines safety, comfort and ease for the ultimate value in child restraints.The lightweight and compact size of the Evenflo Tribute LX Convertible Car Seat makes it great for vehicle fit, movement between multiple cars, or just carrying through airports and air travel.
Chicco 1,2,3 Activity StationMy Child Walk-n-RockBebe Teddy Baby Walker Chicco Dance Baby Walker
This versatile walker can be quickly adapted to grow with your baby. Use the multi-functional activity center from six months as a baby walker, then at nine months take away some support so that it becomes a first-steps aid and then at 18 months, add the seat to use as a ride-on until they’re three.
This converts from rocker, for when baby is smaller, to walker when they’re getting steady on their feet. The play tray detaches so it can also be used as a feeding chair before baby is big enough for a high chair. Comes in three different colors. From six months.
Scoot around with a helping hand from Teddy. The toys are held in place by cords meaning they aren’t easily lost like other walker attachments. It has adjustable height settings and non-slip sections to keep baby safe. Great value and suitable from six months!
No risk of annoying music here, as this one features an MP3 hook-up, so you pick the tunes. It’s very easy to assemble and collapses for transport and storage. It also has bumper guards to protect your walls from overenthusiastic drivers. From six months
From a bouncy seat to a walker, your baby will enjoy hours of “running” around the house chasing the cat or dog, playing “hide-n-seek” and exploring his new-found freedom! Walkers help babies develop balance, exercise their little legs and promote a sense of well-being chasing Mommy down the hall. Here we have selected the top 4 models for your consideration. They are all rated at a 9.5 out of 10!
While walkers are meant to help your baby develop a sense of independence and mobility, not all walkers are made the same. There are hundreds of styles and designs/fabrics to choose from. But don’t be fooled by the bright colorful fabrics.
Before you buy any walker, or put one on your registry, be sure to check out our recommendations. Whether you are buying from a local department store or online, check several styles out – always look at the safety features to make sure baby’s hands and fingers are safe and the seat is comfortable and won’t chafe the baby’s thighs or legs. Cheap plastic seating will crack over time and pinch your baby, eventually causing baby to cry every time you try to put him in it. Seating should comfortable, removable for cleaning and well-padded. Wheels should be far enough away from baby’s toes to prevent injury. Most walkers today have height adjustments to grow with your baby. Ensure that the extensions lock securely into position, preventing the walker from collapsing and tipping over.