Before You Buy Check Ranking Of The 8 Iphones You Can Buy Right Now
If you want to buy an iPhone right now, you have eight different options to choose from.
From the brand-new, futuristic iPhone X to the tiny-but-powerful iPhone SE, the current iPhone lineup has a range of devices and price points.
At this point, I’ve tried all eight of Apple’s current iPhones. And although the iPhone X is gorgeous and powerful, it’s not the phone I would recommend to most people.
Here’s Avery Hartmans’ who have tried every single iPhone currently available, ranking of all the iPhones you can buy right now:
8. Before You Buy iPhone 6s Plus
The iPhone 6s Plus is one of the oldest iPhones you can buy right now — and the worst option for most people.
While the iPhone 6s Plus has a large, 5.5-inch display like the iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 8 Plus, it lacks a few of the features that make Apple’s Plus models so desirable, particularly when it comes to the camera — mainly, the iPhone 6s Plus doesn’t have a dual-lens camera, which means it can’t do portrait mode.
The iPhone 6s Plus is actually identical to the iPhone 6s in every way except for screen size, and it costs $100 more. For the same price as the iPhone 6s Plus, you could get the newer and more powerful iPhone 7.
In fact, there are only two reasons to buy the iPhone 6s Plus right now:
- If you can’t let go of your headphone jack
- If you only like large phones, but your budget is $600 or less.
Price: Starts at $550
7. iPhone 6s
Avery Hartmans/Business Insider
At this point, the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus are going on three years old. While they’re still solid-enough phones, there are few reasons to buy them — unless you’re a budget-conscious Apple devotee.
Unlike the larger Plus model, the iPhone 6s is a more realistic phone for most people. For me personally, Plus phones are too big and I’m constantly scared I’ll drop them.
On top of that, Apple is selling the iPhone 6s for less than $500, which is half the price of an iPhone X.
And the very best part: It’s the last standard-sized iPhone with a headphone jack.
That being said, the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus have the same shortcomings: a less powerful chip, a capable but not exceptional camera, and no water resistance.
Price: Starts at $450
6. iPhone 8 Plus
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
Yes, the iPhone 8 Plus is a brand-new phone, but that doesn’t mean it’s the smartest buy.
The device has some exciting new features — wireless charging, Apple’s A11 chip, more starting storage space, and a top-of-the-line camera — but it’s certainly not a bargain.
Unfortunately for the iPhone 8 Plus, it falls into a strange category of being both brand-new and simultaneously dated. The iPhone X is more innovative, more advanced, and better-looking than the iPhone 8 Plus, and for not that much more money.
You’re not getting a bargain with the iPhone 8 Plus, and you’re also not getting the best phone you can buy. Either save your money, or go with the iPhone X.
Price: Starts at $800
5. iPhone 8
The iPhone 8 is similarly cursed by its place in the iPhone lineup, but it has a slight advantage over the iPhone 8 Plus: its size.
The iPhone 8 is a standard-sized smartphone, and that combined with its all-glass body means it feels great in your hand — though the screen is certainly smaller than the iPhone X or the iPhone 8 Plus.
The one other downside of the iPhone 8 versus the iPhone 8 Plus is the lack of a dual-lens camera, but for $100 less, I think most people can make do without.
Otherwise, the iPhone 8 has all the same features as its big sister: fast charging, wireless charging, water resistance, a great camera, the A11 bionic chip, and 64 GB of starting storage space.
Price: Starts at $700
4. iPhone X
The iPhone X is certainly the best iPhone you can buy. It’s beautiful, high-end, and full of futuristic features like facial recognition.
That being said, it’s phenomenally expensive.
The iPhone X isn’t a phone for most people. It’s more complex to use, it doesn’t have Apple’s dead-simple fingerprint scanner, and the nearly bezel-less OLED screen, while beautiful, isn’t a necessary feature for average consumers.
Still, the iPhone X has the largest screen on any iPhone, ever. It’s capable of wireless charging, shooting gorgeous photos, and has Apple’s TrueDepth camera built in for facial recognition and augmented reality.
And there’s no denying it: the iPhone X is great to look at.
Price: Starts at $1,000
3. iPhone SE
The iPhone SE is the hidden gem of Apple’s iPhone lineup: It’s the same size and design as an iPhone 5s, but has the speedy insides of an iPhone 6s.
The iPhone SE certainly isn’t the fanciest iPhone out there, but it is the cheapest. And despite being almost two years old, the iPhone SE is still a solid device that will work as an excellent daily phone for most people.
The downsides to the iPhone SE are its small screen — only four inches, compared to the iPhone X’s 5.8 inches— and its lack of a few modern conveniences, like wireless charging and waterproofing.
Despite all that, the fact remains that the iPhone SE is the best deal you can get on any iPhone, period.
Price: Starts at $350
2. iPhone 7
Hollis Johnson/Business Insider
The iPhone 7 is more than a year old now, but it remains one of the most sensible iPhones you can buy (and the one I’d personally choose, thanks to its smaller size).
While the iPhone 8 is newer and slightly better looking (and the iPhone X is in a league of its own), the iPhone 7 has nearly all the features most people need. It has nearly the exact same camera as the iPhone 8, the same size screen, and is also water resistant.
There are only three major things that differentiate the iPhone 7 from the iPhone 8, besides design: the iPhone 7 doesn’t have wireless charging, it has less starting storage at 32 GB, and it runs Apple’s year-old A10 chip.
The iPhone 7 also comes in five color options versus the iPhone 8’s three, has an aluminum back instead of a glass back, and costs $150 less.
Price: Starts at $550
1. iPhone 7 Plus
The iPhone 7 Plus has it all.
It has Apple’s dual-lens camera, which means it’s capable of portrait mode. It has a big 5.5-inch screen, it’s waterproof, and it has almost the exact same battery life as the iPhone 8 Plus.
Except for wireless charging and a slightly slower processor, the iPhone 7 Plus is almost the exact same phone internally as the iPhone 8 Plus — and it costs $130 less.
In fact, unless you prefer the iPhone 8’s all-glass design, there are very few reasons to buy it over the iPhone 7 Plus.
The iPhone 7 Plus may be a year-old phone, you’ll get an incredible deal for your money.
Price: Starts at $670
Best Products Picked
Apple iPhone 6S 16GB, GSM Unlocked - Gold (Certified Refurbished)
- Unlocked Device
- Certified refurbished
Ambet iPhone Lightning Cable to USB Cable- 3PCS 5 Feet (1.5 Meters) Rose Gold Cord -Sync apple iOS iPhone Charging Charger Cable for iPhone 7/SE/6s/6/ 5/5c/5s/Plus, iPad, iPod
1 used from $ 7.99
- Strong Compatibility：Our iphone cord works every time on apple iPhone 7/7 Plus/SE/6s/6s Plus/6/5/5c/5s, iPad Pro/Air 2/Air/mini 2/mini 3/mini 4, iPod devices.Be sure you want 3 pack 5 Ft braided lightning charging cables.
- Durable and Flexible：Sturdy construction&Superior quality iphone cable, it last more durable than the original Apple lightning charger cable.Use the thick line, work just as well as the apple cable charger and are durable as well. Seamless, wear-resistant and no stains.
- Fast Charge & Data Transfer：Reliable apple travel charger, our iphone sync cable works just like iPhone cord at a fraction of the cost, no error messages, no melting and no atomic explosions.
- Well-designed appearance：Braided lightning cable, covered by tangle-free nylon which gives it much more elegance than just the regular plastic/rubber coating.The color will matche your gold iPhone perfectly and the gold color makes it easy to find the tip in the car or by the bed.
- 24-Month Worry-free Warranty, competitive pricing make us a top rated apple lightning to usb cable in the region.
Apple iPhone 7 - 32GB - GSM Unlocked - Silver (Certified Refurbished)
- Unlocked Device
- Certified refurbished
SKY Devices 6.0Q White (Discontinued)
- Display: 6.0 HD IPS Screen Band: 850/900/1700/1900 WCDMA: 850/1900
- Platform: Quad Core 1.3 GHz Operating System: Android 4.4 KitKat
- Memory: 8GB ROM + 1GB RAM ,Camera:8MP Autofocus, LED Flash + 5MP Frontal
- Battery: 2800 mAh Dimension: 162.7*83.8*8.2 mm
- Dual SIM. Regular and Micro sim
Phone Tripod, Sellemer Flexible and Adjustable Tripod Bluetooth Camera Remote for iPhone X 8 7 Plus 6S 6 5s 5 SE, Galaxy S8 S7 S6 Edge and Gopro Hero/ Akaso EK7000 Action Camera (tripod)
- 【Portable and Adjustable Tripod】: Sturdy and durable octopus legs makes different way of selfie, strengthen your experience to get more happiness
- 【Compact Size】: Incredibly versatile and light as a feather; it's small enough to fit in your back pocket, purse or daypack
- 【Incredible Design】: Bluetooth remote shutter makes you can simply hide in your hand and you can't see it in the picture you are taking, you take selfie by phone tripod instead of normal selfie stick completely, This tripod make phone stand stable
- 【Compatible with Most of Your Devices】: whellen Selfie ring light/Criacr Selfie ring light/ nacycase selfie light/ srl selfie light/ Lavalier Microphone/ Cell Phone Camera Lens/ hd zoom pro iPhone X,iPhone 8 8plus, iPhone 7 7s, iPhone 6s plus, iPhone 6plus, iPhone6, iphone SE/5s/5/5c,Samsung Galaxy S7/S6,Galaxy S7/S6 edge, Note 5/4/3 and Gopro hero series/ Akaso EK7000/ YI 4K/ Campark act74/ crosstour/ DBpower/ DROGRACE wp200/ Fitfort action camera and more
- 【More Surprise】: Upgraded Camera Phone Tripod, Strengthen Tripod legs to improve your feeling in any time, We provide 1 year gurantee for your product and answer your question anytime
2-in-1 Lightning Splitter Adapter for iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus. Compatible IOS 10 or Later, Double lightning ports for dual Lightning Headphone Audio & Charge Adapter.
- Charge and Music: Dual function splitter allows you to charge your iPhone while listening to the music.
- Impressive sound quality: Up to 48 kHz and 24-bit audio output, keep your original headphone sound quality, also supports fast charging.
- Fast Charging: Up to 2.1A, more quickly charge for iPhone.
- Compatibility: For iPhone 7/7 Plus/8/8 Plus/X, and any Lightning device that runs iOS 10 or later system.
- *PLEASE BE NOTED: Please strictly follow the order that you shall first connect the splitter with lightning earphone, then connecting the splitter with your iPhone. Opposite order may lead to unexpected result.
Essential Phone in Halo Gray – 128 GB Unlocked Titanium and Ceramic phone with Edge-to-Edge Display
1 used from $ 750.00
- With a matte finish to both the titanium and ceramic, this Amazon exclusive Essential Phone has a more industrial look while maintaining its elegant design
- Stunning edge-to-edge Quad HD display-the largest screen-to-body ratio of any smartphone. So you get a massive screen, but on a phone that still fits comfortably in one hand
- 13MP Dual RGB + Mono Rear camera with Portrait Mode and 4K video recording . Get more natural looking shots and incredible high-resolution video
- Huge 128GB of storage, included. Save all of your photos and videos without worrying about running out of space
- Never charge your accessories again. With the revolutionary Click Connector, your phone attaches to accessories, magnetically-and even powers them. No cables or adapters needed