Does Olay Regenerist Really Work
Olay is a timeless brand that has earned a powerful reputation over the years for its anti-aging products. Considered a staple in many households, Olay has grown tremendously as a brand, embracing a few cosmetic changes of their own. Formerly known as Oil of Olay Beauty Fluid, the company has re-branded to just Olay, and they’ve implemented some new packaging and improved their formulas.
The Regenerist line of oils and serums has skyrocketed in popularity since the product’s launch in 2003. But does the Regenerist line really live up to their claims?
To help you determine whether Olay Regenerist really works, and more importantly, whether it is right for you, we’ve put the product to the test and outlined everything you need to know before you buy.
Does Olay Regenerist Really Work
About Olay: A Classic Icon in Skin Care
Olay is a classic brand that has stood the test of time since its rise to popularity in the 1950s. Created by Chemist, Graham Wulff, the brand was first launched with one product; and one product only—the Oil of Olay moisturizing fluid.
Wulff developed this product while in South Africa after noticing that moisturizers on the market were thick and ineffective. When the Oil of Olay Moisturizing fluid first launched it was truly one of a kind, and it helped revolutionize skincare.
Over time, the Oil of Olay brand launched more products, including a range of serums, oils, creams, and other products focused on improving the health, look, and feeling of the skin. The company is now known as simply ‘Olay,’ but its reputation for quality skincare products still puts the brand at the top of the market.
The Regenerist line, which launched in 2003, is one of the brand’s crowning achievements, containing around 27 products all focused on skincare and anti-aging.
Olay Regenerist Products and Claims
One of the things that draw consumers to Olay products the most is the brand’s impressive claims. The main focus of the Regenerist line is to improve the skin’s texture and appearance, minimize wrinkles, and protect mature skin from further damage. The line consists of a wide variety of products that each targets a different skincare concern.
While there are over 20 products in the line, some of the most popular items include:
- Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream
- Olay Regenerist Night Recovery Cream
- Whip Face Moisturizer
- Cream Cleanser
- Advanced Anti-Aging Wrinkle & Pore Vanisher Treatment
- Instant Fix Exfoliate and Renew System
- Lotion with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum
- Regenerating Serum
- Micro-Sculpting Serum
- Anti-Aging Wrinkle Revolution Complex Moisturizer Plus Primer
- Detoxifying Pore Scrub Facial Cleanser
- Anti-Aging AND Eye Skin Care Regimen Kit
Whether you want to minimize wrinkles, moisturize the skin, reduce sagginess, eliminate dark circles; or simply improve the health, look, and feeling of the skin; Olay probably has a product that could work for you.
One of the greatest advantages of this line is that it is designed for all users. The fragrance-free formula prevents unnecessary irritation of the skin that could result in more damage. Also, the gentle ingredients are dermatological-tested to work on normal, dry, or combination skin—allowing people with different skin types to reap the benefits of this product.
Overall, the Regenerist line does not claim miraculous results. However; it does claim to improve the appearance of the skin by minimizing wrinkles; providing moisture, plumping, and lifting, and overall leaving it with a more youthful glow.
According to the Olay site:
Regenerist Regenerating Serum Fragrance-Free uses a highly concentrated form of our amino-peptide + B3 complex combined with Olay moisture. It visibly regenerates skin’s appearance and leaves skin feeling velvety-smooth.
This gentle, dermatologist-tested formula is 100% fragrance and color-free.
Suitable for everyday use for normal, dry, and combination skin.
The results, hydrates for firmer, visibly lifted, and younger-looking skin without drastic measures. Instantly the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is softened and the skin’s texture is improved. Over time your skin will be visibly firmer and more elastic.
So what does this mean for you? Simple!
If you use this product, while Olay does not promise it is the Fountain of Youth, you should at least hope to see encouraging results. Hydrated skin is plumper and fuller, essentially “filling out” so fewer wrinkles are visible.
As the formula moisturizes skin from the outside in, other ingredients work to increase cell turnover from the inside out, bringing newer, healthier skin cells to the surface while sloughing off old, dull skin cells.
Each product in the Regenerist line is formulated slightly differently depending on the intended effect. However, some of the key ingredients used in several products across the board include hyaluronic acid, amino peptides, B3 vitamins, Glycerin, and Dimethicone.
Other ingredients, according to the Olay website:
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4,§ CARNOSINE,§ TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALLANTOIN, CETYL RICINOLEATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PEG-100 STEARATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CITRIC ACID, FRAGRANCE.
The good news here
is that Vitamin B5, Niacinamide, and Vitamin E are all well-known and widely accepted to be helpful to all skin types, in connection to anti-aging.
The bad news,
However, comes with the inclusion of ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN. Scientists have found clinically proven links between cancer and Parabens. You should keep in mind though, that, according to the FDA website, the amount of Parabens found in cosmetics is negligible and has very low cancer-causing risks.
RELATED: 10 Best Collagen Creams For 2020
Overall, the ingredients used in this line have been shown to offer outstanding results.
One of the stand-out ingredients is hyaluronic acid—which has been clinically proven to improve the appearance, health, and texture of the skin thanks to its moisturizing potential. There are a few ingredients. However, that isn’t for everyone. Some of these include parabens like Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, and Methylparaben.
Lastly, one of the best things about the ingredients is how gentle they are on the skin. Most of the products are fragrance-free, preventing allergic reactions or skin irritation. Many of the products also contain SPF, which can protect the skin from obtaining further damage.
Application and regimen recommendations
Choosing the right product for your needs and age group can make a huge difference as to whether you can achieve your desired results. With so many products in the line, it can be easy to find yourself asking “which oil of Olay products should I choose”; but when you break down the formulas by category, it is much easier to find the right one for you. For those who want a more liquid formula, for example, the Regenerating Serum or the Micro-Sculpting Serum will work best. If instead, you want a more creamy lotion, the Micro-sculpting cream or the Regenerist Lotion offer a whipped and velvety consistency.
The Olay website recommends the following regime when using Olay Regenerist Serum:
- Cleanse: Regenerist Regenerating Cream Cleanser
- Moisturize: Regenerist Regenerating Serum
- Treat: Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo
- After cleansing, smooth Regenerist Regenerating Serum evenly onto face and neck, once or twice a day. It can be used alone, or under moisturizer or make-up.
Are the other products necessary in order to have Olay Regenerist Serum work? No. Would they be helpful? Probably! Since they all contain some variation of anti-aging ingredients, their use would be beneficial to your skin.
However, if you are already using other products with anti-aging ingredients in their place, keep doing so. The key here is consistency. If you are going to take your skincare seriously, and you want to see results, you will have to use the proper products consistently, or else you’re just wasting money and time… and none of us can afford to lose either!
And, while you’re at it, you may as well start incorporating other look good/feel good steps into your beauty regime:
- Drink plenty of water each day (at least 8 8oz. glasses). Water helps to plump up those skin cells, and it also helps to purge out impurities.
- Get plenty of rest (at least 7 hours of sleep per night).
- Always, always, always use SPF! Not only can UVA and UVB radiation speed up the effects of aging, but they can cause cancer as well.
- Monitor your caffeine and alcohol intake. Yes, we know, sometimes you really need that extra cup of coffee or glass of wine, but too much caffeine and alcohol will actually sap your cells of hydration, causing the increased appearance of wrinkles and lines.
Does Olay Regenerist Really Work
Countless online reviews have raved about the Olay serums, oils, and creams, claiming impressive age-defying results. On the Olay site, you can find over 120 reviews, and 99% of them give it 5 stars.
One of the most popular products in the line, for example, is the Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream. On multiple skincare review sites, this product is rated 4 or 5 stars, with a few negative reviews criticizing the product’s dispenser/packaging rather than the actual results. With consistent use; the product can work.
Sure, you say… it’s easy to expect high ratings on the brand’s own website.
But, honestly, it seems that no matter where you look, other cosmetics and skincare sites rate the product highly as well. Many people appreciate the quick absorption and weightless feel, making it ideal to use as a makeup primer worn under the foundation.
No oily feeling, suitable for even the most sensitive of skin types. And, truly, you can find many consumers in their 40s, 50s, and 60s+ sharing stories of how other people not only noticed their improved skin tone and texture but stopped to remark on it.
Overall, Does Olay Regenerist Really Work
As with most things in life, there are pros and cons that go along with Olay Regenerist Serum…
- Hugely effective when used as a foundation primer
- Hydration and elasticity were found to increase with ingredients such as Vitamin B5, Niacinamide, and Vitamin E
- Readily available in most grocery and drug stores
- Consumer-friendly pricing, as compared to products at high-end makeup counters
- Across-the-board high marks and reviews from consumers… not just on the Olay site, but on many other sites as well
- Consistent use may slow the visible effects of aging on the face and neck
- Contains Parabens
- Olay, as a brand in general, has been known to use animal testing
So, will Olay Regenerist Serum allow you to wake up and immediately see the reflection of a much younger woman in the mirror? No… but there seems to be enough evidence to say you will see an improvement of some sort, even if only in the application and finish of your foundation.
Compared to the Pro X or the Total Effects lines,
The Regenerist has better reviews and seems to offer better results. Of course, just like any skincare product, the Regenerist formula isn’t for everyone. However, the majority of the reviews are positive, and the product appears to live up to its claims.
What is the difference between Olay Anti-wrinkle, Total Effects, and Regenerist skincare products?
Olay Age-Defying Series, Total Effects, Regenerist, and Pro-X are all excellent products serving a purpose in the fight against aging. Each Olay product has a unique formula, uses various concentrations of ingredients, and has a different purpose.
Here’s a description of each boutique to help you find the one that’s right for you!
- Recommended for women who are beginning to notice or worry about the effect of aging on their skin.
- These products treat the signs of aging by hydrating to firm skin appearance and smoothing the look of lines and wrinkles.
- Also, Olay Age-Defying products are of great value in skin care.
- Recommended for women who want a simple, streamlined skincare routine with highly effective anti-aging benefits for younger-looking skin.
- These products offer 7 anti-aging benefits in one powerful formula to address the following skin concerns:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Uneven skin tone
- Uneven texture
- Loss of radiance
- Loss of firmness
- The moisturizing vitamin and mineral complex, including VitaNiacin and Pro-Vitamin B5, helps fight 7 signs of aging, all in one great moisturizer.
- Olay Total Effects is simple, highly effective, and classic.
- Recommended for women looking for serious, targeted anti-aging skincare that provides noticeable results.
- These products offer exclusive skin-energizing technology that can help you look up to 10 years younger.
- P&G’s Skincare Scientists are using groundbreaking Cellular Bioenergetics techniques for the first time in skincare to reformulate Regenerist products.
- They contain a unique Advanced Amino-Peptide formula which helps fight the look of skin fatigue to energize the look of skin and accelerate the appearance of anti-aging results by accelerating surface dell turnover. Energized skin is younger-looking skin.
- This powerful collection renews surface cells to even skin tone and reduces the appearance of dark spots and under-eye circles, to help skin recover its glow in just two weeks.
- These products contain the highest quality skincare ingredients available, increasing cellular turnover, and repairing the skin’s moisture barrier.
Final Verdict: Say “Olé” with Olay
So, the online reviews seem to support Olay as a brand, but does the Regenerist line really work? Based on research and reviews, the answer is yes! However, your results may vary depending on your skin type.
On Olay’s website, the brand claims the Regenerist line is best for those with dry, normal, or combination skin and we certainly agree. This isn’t to say, however, that those with oily skin can’t use the brand. Some of the best products for oily skin include lotion, eye cream, and night treatment.
Also, if you have very mature skin, we recommend using multiple products in combination for the best results. The Regenerist 7 in 1 Anti-Aging moisturizer, for example, offers powerful results for a great price. The 3 points super age-defying cream is also a great option for those who really want to see a visible difference in their skin quickly.
Lastly, just like all skincare products, the Olay Regenerist line takes time to show effects, which is why we recommend daily use for the fastest results. The brand is not offering a miracle solution to aging or claiming to be the fountain of youth; however, with consistent use, we’ve seen the transformational power of Olay Regenerist.
Where to Buy
If you’re ready to say “Olé” to your wrinkles, the Olay Regenerist line is here to help!
For years, the company has stood out on the cutting edge of skincare offering quality products with real results. The Regenerist line is no different, offering wrinkle-fighting power that can leave your skin feeling moisturized and youthful.
If you’re ready to try the brand’s serums and creams for yourself; buy your favorite products online from preferred vendors and get the best price! SAVE YOUR MONEY!
Olay Regenerist is a good product, but if you’ve tried it and been left less than pleased, try LifeCell South Beach Skin Care. This is a unique all-in-one anti-aging product formulated from the finest ingredients to make fine lines and wrinkles disappear. LifeCell is truly a game-changer in anti-aging products available today.