How to Spot Replica Gucci Handbags
Gucci Brand is one of the industry’s leading brands, renowned for its quality and world-class craftsmanship. Their attention to detail is extremely meticulous, and their choice of materials is highly selective. Although the market is flooded with replica Gucci handbags, the ability to identify real from replica lies in these details.
Replica Gucci handbags are undoubtedly one of the hardest brands to identify. They don’t have the extensive authenticity features that many of the other top designer brands provide, and their styles are relatively simple and elegant.
How to Spot Fake Gucci Handbags
Consider four key areas when authenticating a Gucci purse: price, materials, craftsmanship, and seller.
- When buying a Gucci bag, be ready to spend hundreds, even thousands of dollars for the real thing. Most new Gucci handbags start in the five hundred and go well into the thousands of dollars.
- Browse the internet and find a number of reliable sources to establish a price range for the specific bag you’re researching. There shouldn’t be a large price difference. Any bags that are priced observably lower than your established price range are most like replica Gucci handbags. The quality materials and hours of highly-skilled labor that go into every piece prevent it from dropping below a minimum price. Anything being offered below your price range was made with inferior materials and labor.
- Gucci purses are always made of high-quality leathers and fabrics. When examining a purse, pay close attention to the color. Gucci knock-offs have been known to look faded when compared to the rich leathers of the authentic versions.
- Take a hard look at the logo. Replica Gucci handbags often have what looks like a “C” or “E” logo that looks very similar to the Gucci “G” logo. A good place to check is in the lining. Replicators often give the bag’s interior less attention and are a good place to spot their sloppiness.
- One of the most popular Gucci handbags is the dual G or “GG” logo bag. There are a few variations of the logo, so research your model thoroughly so you know what should be and what shouldn’t. Many imitators attempt to replicate the “GG”, but often just don’t have the correct logo design. Nevertheless, there are some savvy replica manufacturers that are catching on, so analyze the real “GG” logo and make sure it matches the one on the bag you want to buy.
- Do your research. Check out the Gucci website that has some great zoom-ins with images of the item’s finer details. The study features like the threads, colors, cut and any prominent accents. Knowing what the bag has, what it looks like and where it belongs is a perfect reference point for you when you’re authenticating a purse you want to buy elsewhere. Other approved sites include Nieman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale and Macy’s.
- Most, but not all, authentic Gucci handbags have their logos exclusively on the interior lining. The level of detail in the pattern is so exquisite, that this is a feature even the best replica Gucci handbags fall short on. Get vivid, up-close pictures of this lining from the seller so you can make a good evaluation.
- If the logo is on leather, regardless of whether it’s inside or out, it should be engraved and not simply printed.
- Gucci prides itself on precision workmanship. Their stitching flawless, always exactly aligned with the seams, straight, evenly spaced; tight and has a high stitch count per inch. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a single stitch out of line; the length of the stitches consistent all over the bag and the stitch color always matches the rest of the purse.
- All authentic Gucci handbags have perfectly cut leather. This is especially noticeable around more detailed features such as the inside zipper pockets, joints, and buckles.
- Gucci hardware usually consists of brass and nickel. It should give off a nice luster rather than a brilliant shine. Replica Gucci handbags have cheap metals or even plastic parts that give off a polished, shiny reflection. These artificial parts are light and breakable. When you hold a solid brass buckle, you’ll feel both the weight and strength. Brass and nickel are quite heavy for their size because of their high density. It’s this high density that makes them almost unbreakable.
- The lining usually made from fine satin that gives off a nice shine. Remember to examine the logo on the lining. Watch for the perfect “G”. Many replica Gucci handbags fall short here.
- Gucci purses have a date card (Controllato); something the bag receives once it passed the quality control test. Look for correct font and placement. Gucci uses the same font on all of its date cards. Authentic date cards have the GUCCI name spelled out in capitals centered at the top with the word “Controllato” directly beneath it. Under that, the numbers 1234567890 should be displayed. Unfortunately, many forgers have caught on to Gucci’s authenticity features and have begun to copy them quite efficiently. Don’t rely exclusively on such things as date cards or serial numbers. Many replica Gucci handbags come with perfect date cards, serial tags, and even dust bags.
- Serial tags are located inside, just below the interior pocket, usually on a square leather patch. If your bag doesn’t have an inside pocket, don’t freak out! Not all Gucci purses have those pockets. It should have an encircled R with the words “GUCCI” and “Made in Italy”. Beneath that, it’ll have a 4 – 6 digit serial number (we haven’t come across any serial numbers beginning with either a 0 or a 1 yet) stamped into the leather.
- Gucci purses and handbags are all handmade in Italy.
- When purchasing Gucci handbags online, purchase from a reputable dealer.
- If you see that a seller or retailer using stock photos (cut and paste pictures from the Gucci website); insist the seller provides you with pictures of the actual item for sale. Request large, clear pictures that include the interior lining logo, up-close stitching, and hardware. Ask for several of each and watch out for blurry pictures.