How to Spot Replica Michael Kors Handbags
Replica Michael Kors handbags are a rapidly growing niche in the fake handbag market. MK is currently one of the hottest fashion and accessory designers in the industry. Authentic Michael Kors handbags are of great quality and decorated with a wide selection of trimmings such as buckles, handles, chains, and braided handles, as well as tassels, push locks and his signature “MK” logo.
Michael Kors rose to international prominence after the brand’s chief creative officer and founder, Michael David Kors, joined Project Runway as a judge at the height of the reality show’s popularity.
Kors, who was born in 1959, already established as a sportswear designer when he broke onto the show’s set but leveraged the opportunity to convert his brand to a household name by shifting to a new focus: Handbags.
Today, Michael Kors-branded leather goods coveted by men and women all across the globe. The brand namesake’s creations are so popular that counterfeits have started popping up. While some customers buy fake purses and wallets willingly, many others simply can’t tell the difference when shopping online.
We’ll show you easy ways to tell whether a Michael Kors bag is the real deal.
Related: How to Spot Fake Designer Bags
How To Spot Fake Michael Kors Bags
Look for these unique quality details when hunting for your desired Michael Kors bag.
- As with all designer handbags, price is a big indicator of what you’re buying. Michael Kors handbags range from the mid one hundred and can go up to a thousand dollars. Research the price range for your purse. When considering an online purchase, stay away from bags listed below this price range.
- Look for the designer’s trademark square buckles and fixtures. All Michael Kors bags, big or small, display these square accents.
- Authentic Michael Kors purses have multiple “MK” insignias on buckles, snaps and other metal parts.
- Authentic Michael Kors handbags made from very fine quality materials and are superbly handcrafted. Although he’s only been designing accessories since 2001; MK bags extremely well priced. You’re getting great value for your dollar when you buy an authentic Michael Kors purse.
- MK uses silver-tone and gold-tone hardware. This is a sturdy, shiny metal that feels very solid to the touch. Replica Michael Kors handbags usually use cheaper metals and plastic.
- Do a quality check. Again, MK uses only high-quality materials. And there’s a lot of attention being paid to the craftsmanship put into every Michael Kors bag. The stitching should be even, straight, perfectly aligned with seams and never loose. Large, uneven stitching is a sign of replica Michael Kors handbags.
- The stitching is the hardest thing for replicators to copy. Because it takes a lot of experienced, skilled labor, the stitching on replica Michael Kors handbags almost always comes up short.
- The inside of the bag often made of soft canvas-like material with leather trimming around the lining. The zippers, trim and seams always stitched. If you see unstitched seams and tags, then you know they’re being held together by glue, another sure sign of replica Michael Kors handbags.
- We encourage you to visit a boutique or the official website and study the bag you want. Compare it to the one you’re planning on buying online. Compare all of the features. Are all of the buckles and insignias in the right place? Do they look like they should? All individual MK lines designed the same with all their features in their respective places. If anything is out of place, red flags should be going up. When you know what you’re buying, it’s easier to identify replica Michael Kors handbags (see the above picture).
- When purchasing MK handbags online, purchase from a reputable dealer.
- Another very important way of protecting yourself from suspicious sellers, especially on online marketplaces like eBay and Amazon, is to read their feedback and to review their return policy. If their bags are authentic, they’ll have no problem taking it back.
- Read the listing carefully. Remember, if it’s described as “replica” or “designer inspired”, it’s not real.
Michael Kors Fast Facts
Where are Michael Kors products made?
It’s a well-known fact that most of Michael Kors’s products sourced from China. If you see a “Made In” tag that lists a country other than China, however, don’t panic. Michael Kors also produces authentic goods in Italy, Turkey, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, and Korea.
How much do Michael Kors bags and wallets cost?
Michael Kors bags fall within the range of $50 to $18,000, while wallets can range anywhere from $30 to $895. The official Michael Kors website constantly updates the brand’s list of prices and lists the occasional sales price as well.
Read more on how to spot fake designer handbags:
- How to Spot Replica Balenciaga Handbags
- Spot Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags
- How to Spot Replica Coach Handbags