Pearls are making a Comeback!
Traditional views of pearls as old-fashioned jewelry are changing and numerous brands are reinventing pearls for young, modern women. No longer relegated to your grandmother’s closet, pearls are coming back into fashion in a big way, replacing diamonds as a staple among fashionistas worldwide thanks to the influence of celebrities like Katy Perry, Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightly, who pair pearls with sophisticated attire to create a modern, classic look. The patronage of these glamorous icons is introducing pearls to a new generation of consumer, which have been gaining in status while #pearl wearers become younger.
Jean Ghika, Head of Jewelry in the UK and Europe of Bonhams, notes: “Pearls were once seen as a bit dated – perhaps the preserve of an older generation, but we’ve seen a complete change in how they are viewed. A younger fashion set is now completely at home wearing classic pearl earrings, and you’re as likely to see them in nightclubs and premieres as you are at Ascot or the Epsom Derby.”
Additionally, high-quality natural pearls are now hitting record prices at auction because of their increasing rarity due to over-fishing and pollution. Pearls that have some age or were part of a historic collection are particularly appealing to potential buyers.
Pearl strands are being used on everything from wedding cakes and vintage-inspired wedding gowns to casual daily office wear.
Nothing brings a touch of elegance to your outfit than a strand of pearls or a pair of pearl earrings. Many people save their pearls to wear with their favorite little black dress or pant suit. But once you know how to wear pearls with jeans, you’ll find yourself wearing them more often.
How to Wear Pearls with Jeans
Pearls have been the jewelry accessory of choice for hundreds of years. Just imagine your favorite historical woman and chances are she was draped with pearls and NOW, the latest fashion trend is pairing your pearls with a casual outfit like jeans.
- If you are pairing pearls with a simple outfit like a pair of skinny jeans and a black shirt, you can make a dramatic statement by choosing a double strand of pearls that falls mid décolleté to draw attention without overwhelming.
- If your outfit is more colorful like a sundress or patterned or textured top, choose a single strand pearl necklace instead.
- Your pearls really should take center stage in your outfit so be cautious when pairing them with other jewelry especially those pieces that are flamboyant. If you choose a pair of pearl earrings, you really only need a simple gold chain for a necklace.
- Think outside the box. You can wear a pearl necklace as a bracelet, use it to accessorize a swept up hairdo or be creative and knot a long pearl necklace to make it shorter.
- Don’t feel limited. Pearls work just as well with dressy black jeans, heels and a silk blouse as they do with cut offs and a casual t-shirt. Create your own look.
- Experiment with different styles. Pearl necklaces are available as a collar, choker, in princess length, matinee length, opera length or as a rope or lariat. Try wearing more than one at the same time.
- FIRST LOOK PICTURESSeason two of "Million Dollar Listing" follows the lives of three of Los Angeles' hottest, youngest and most aggressive real estate magnates in the making as they net a fortune selling multi-million dollar properties in the most exclusive neighborhoods - Hollywood, Malibu and Beverly Hills. Each Episode Keeps up with these fast-moving, Savvy agents as they juggle multiple demands on their time and try to keep their professional lives afloat- all in the name of selling the next Million Dollar Listing. Disc One: Watch Josh, Madison and Chad navigate high-end deals, high-maintenance friendships and huge profit potentials in four episodes, including "Sellers from hell," "Mondo Condo," "Business and Pleasure" and "Dire Buyers," plus never-before-seen bonus content! Disc Two: "Showdowns" and "Epiphanies" round out season two as Chad faces a major setback in a huge deal while Madison hits a career milestone - a double digit listing. Stay tuned for never-before-seen bonus scenes.$23.39
- The Six Million Dollar ManThe Six Million Dollar Man Custom Steve Austin Throw Pillow - Spun Polyester Light Weight Cotton - Canvas Look and Feel - Blown and Closed - 2-sided - This Is An Official Custom Pillow Produced Just For You! Custom Items Ship Within 5 Business Days And Can Be Delivered To Any USA Address. Sorry, No International Or Next Day Orders On Custom Items.$17.99
- The Six Million Dollar ManThe Six Million Dollar Man Custom Logo Throw Pillow - Spun Polyester Light Weight Cotton - Canvas Look and Feel - Blown and Closed - 2-sided - This Is An Official Custom Pillow Produced Just For You! Custom Items Ship Within 5 Business Days And Can Be Delivered To Any USA Address. Sorry, No International Or Next Day Orders On Custom Items.$22.99
- This week the beauties are tested on their charitable character. Divided into three teams of three, they must shop for a million dollar look on Melrose Avenue -- using only $100$1.99
- Competition between the agents heats up in Malibu as Chad snatches one of Madison's former multi-million dollar listings. Meanwhile, Madison takes on a familiar Malibu listing with an ocean view, but soon realizes that the market has bottomed out for top homes. And Josh makes a spur of the moment gamble while also dealing with a potential health issue.$1.99
- Michael tries to sell his biggest listing of the season by throwing a carnival-themed open house. Hopefully for him, some kids show up before his plan backfires. Ryan does everything he can to get his Fashion Week party under control so that the owner, Ken, won't yank him off this $25 million apartment. Fredrik, meanwhile, uses a new Gramercy listing to try and mentor his junior broker, Justin. Things get really stressful for Fredrik when Ryan walks through the door of his open house and they have their biggest and most dramatic confrontation yet.$1.99