Retinol for Anti-Aging
Research clearly shows that retinol, the technical name for vitamin A, has truly astounding anti-aging benefits for skin. To make sure you’re getting the best of what this multitasking ingredient; and the 40 years of established research behind it—has to offer, here’s what you need to know.
Retinol’s Anti-Aging Benefits for Skin
Retinol products can help visibly diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles; increase the appearance of firmness, improve uneven skin tone, smooth and refine the surface of skin; and help mitigate the effects of environmental stressors.
RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum For All Skin Types
Silky serum leaves skin soft and smooth. This extravagantly silky serum for all skin types; blends pure retinol and potent antioxidants to help impart firmer-feeling skin; smooth and soften fine lines and wrinkles; It also, provide hydration for skin of any age look radiant and revitalized. The stabilized retinol improves the appearance of wrinkles and vitamin C helps brighten and replenish skin.
Smooth a few drops onto face, neck and eye area before moisturizing (or use alone). For optimal results, use AM and PM. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater. Use it twice daily after cleansing, toning & exfoliating.
What does it do?
RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum delivers pure retinol to skin in a silky-smooth serum fluid; infused with potent antioxidants and superior skin-replenishing and -hydrating ingredients. This unique combination addresses the appearance of wrinkles, improves the feel of firmness, uneven skin tone, and red marks; and leaves skin looking perfectly radiant.
RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol For Dry Skin
Advanced formula targets all signs of aging. A remarkable skin-renewing anti-aging moisturizer that nourishes dehydrated skin while promoting a firmer-looking, radiant complexion. Retinol helps improve the appearance of wrinkles.
RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer goes beyond moisturizing to deliver an innovative mix of research-proven ingredients; known to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, dull skin tone, and loss of firmness. It helps prevent moisture loss while still feeling light on skin. The silky lotion texture infused with retinol to visibly reduce the appearance of wrinkles and to firm skin. It also has a unique complex of antioxidants that reduce the effects of environmental assault.
How to use
RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol ideal for softening and smoothing the face, neck and eye area. At night, use as the last step in your skincare routine. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater. Recommended to use as the last step in your PM Skincare routine.
CLINICAL 1% Retinol Treatment For All Skin Types
A potent and uniquely formulated retinol solution that hydrates and delivers remarkable anti-aging benefits with a controlled-release delivery system; to allow for even, consistent absorption.
- Advanced hydrating complex absorbs quickly
- Diminishes the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines
- Light lotion texture delivers powerful results
- Use after cleansing, toning & exfoliating skin
Combined with potent antioxidants; CLINICAL 1% Retinol Treatment a specially formulated light lotion that absorbs quickly and goes to work immediately; to enhance hydration and diminish the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and uneven skin tones. Licorice, oat extract and other soothing ingredients help to calm redness.
What does it do?
Goes to work immediately; to visibly refine pore size and diminish the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and uneven skin tone. The light lotion formula supplemented with nourishing licorice extract; oat extract and other soothing plant extracts to calm skin and ease redness. Amazing how much younger-looking, firmer, and radiant your skin will look and feel.
Retinol for Anti-Aging Tips and Advice
- Make sure every product in your skincare routine is soothing and gentle. Look for mild cleansers, calming toners, well-formulated moisturizers, and serums loaded with antioxidants and skin-restoring ingredients to help your skin get maximum benefits from the retinol. Don’t know where to start? Check out the Paula’s Choice Skincare CALM Skincare Collections. Dry skin? Try pairing a retinol product with RESIST Moisture Renewal Oil Booster; it’s even gentle enough for skin prone to eczema.
- All forms of retinol deteriorate when exposed to air and light; so make sure you only buy retinol products packaged in airtight, opaque containers. Avoid jar packaging!
- If you’re new to using retinol, start slowly. Mix it with your usual moisturizer or serum to see how your skin responds. And, depending on the concentration of retinol in your product; you can vary the frequency of use from daily to a few times per week.
- Be sure to apply your retinol product around your eyes, and follow with an eye gel or eye cream, if preferred.
- Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 30 or greater. If you aren’t diligent about sun protection; even the most effective anti-aging ingredients won’t be able to deliver the results you want. Unprotected sun exposure is simply bad for skin. Daily use of sunscreen as directed, along with other sun protection measures, decreases the risk of skin cancer and early skin aging.
- Avoid retinol products that only give your skin retinol. Retinoids are great for all skin types; but everyone’s skin needs more than just one brilliant ingredient. Think of it like your diet; If you only ate carrots, you will soon become malnourished; even though the vitamin A they contain is good for you. Likewise, your skin needs a mix of beneficial ingredients to thrive.
CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser For All Skin Types
This gentle, acne-fighting cleanser removes makeup, excess oil, and dead skin without drying skin or causing redness.
- Dissolves pore-clogging impurities
- Cleans without irritation
- Gel texture refreshes & calms skin
- Use as the first step in your AM/PM skincare routine
This cleansing gel actually has a silky feel that works quickly to remove excess oil and debris that can clog open pores and lead to breakouts. CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser isn’t like other acne cleansers; it is completely non-irritating and won’t cause dryness or flaking. CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser rinses without a residue; leaving skin refreshed, comfortably clean, and ready to receive maximum benefits from the CLEAR products to follow.
RESIST Super Antioxidant Serum For Dry Skin
The RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum contains an impressive range of plant- and vitamin-derived antioxidants; that work synergistically to visibly improve the appearance of wrinkles, uneven skin tone, dryness, and vibrancy.
Stabilized Vitamin C and peptides plus potent antioxidants combine to help preserve and rejuvenate skin’s surface; and to visibly enhance firmness. This state-of-the-art serum helps minimize damage from environmental attack that cause skin to look older; while also helping to visibly improve a dull skin tone for smooth, radiant results.
- Essential for improving visible signs of aging
- Improves the appearance of dull, uneven skin tone
- Restores hydration to dry, sun damaged skin
- Use twice daily after cleansing, toning, and exfoliating
Moisture Renewal Oil Booster For Dry Skin
This concentrated, antioxidant-enriched booster relieves dry skin with a blend of pure, nourishing plant oils and skin-renewing ceramides.
- Revitalizes a dull, flaky complexion
- Blend of nine essential, non-fragrant plant oils
- Light, skin-enriching oil formula
- Use alone or add to your moisturizer or serum
Moisture Renewal Oil Booster is one of the only facial oil blends that are completely fragrance free; as research shows that this is best for skin. Delivers a complex mix of essential fatty acids and skin-vital antioxidants to alleviate dry skin, calm redness; and create a dewy smooth glow to skin.
The unique complex of nine plant oils works in concert with skin-restoring ingredients; to instantly smooth and replenish dry, dehydrated, flaky-looking skin; for a renewed vibrancy and youthful glow. Calming, non-fragrant plant oils bathe skin with essential fatty acids and antioxidants that help restore resiliency. The impressively light texture absorbs quickly for all-day comfort and a supremely supple feel. Exceptionally gentle for sensitive skin, even for skin prone to rosacea.
RESIST Anti-Aging Eye Gel For All Skin Types
A unique blend of multi-functional ingredients visibly brightens, hydrate, minimize the appearance of fine lines; and reduce signs of fatigue around the eye area. Antioxidant-rich plant extracts sooth skin and protect from environmental stress, including the visible effects of pollution.
- Refreshes & renews delicate skin around the eye
- Contains peptides, hyaluronic acid & licorice
- Cooling applicator soothes puffiness on contact
- Use twice daily as needed
RESIST Anti-Aging Eye Cream For All Skin Types
RESIST Anti-Aging Eye Cream focuses its rare blend of antioxidants and soothing hydrating ingredients; to improve the appearance of shadows around the eyes; minimize the appearance of wrinkles, alleviate dryness, and help boost suppleness with prolonged hydration that lasts all night long. Unique, long-lasting balm-like cream for brightening and overnight hydration, with results you will see and feel the next morning.
- Proprietary blend of anti-aging ingredients
- Brightens, softens, and enriches skin
- Use nightly as the last step in your evening routine
An exquisitely rich solution that visibly improves multiple signs of aging; including fine lines, wrinkles, loss of firmness, under-eye shadows, and puffiness. Shea butter and skin-replenishing ingredients are joined with antioxidants; chosen specifically to improve the look of dull skin and signs of aging around the eye area; while significantly boosting hydration and reinforcing a supple, firm feel.
About the Experts
Paula Begoun the best-selling author of 20 books about skincare and makeup. Known worldwide as The Cosmetics Cop and creator of Paula’s Choice Skincare. Paula’s expertise led to hundreds of appearances on national and international radio, print, and television