The Best Shapewear for Every Body Type
Shapewear can enable you to look and feel your best, yet it should most likely be a smooth while as yet feeling good. With such a significant number of styles to look over, it’s difficult to know which ones really offer belly control or can help slim the stomach, muffin tops, and more. These must-haves pick of the best shapewear for every body type, paying little heed to your target area or style preferences. While you’re shopping, don’t miss our best strapless bras that stay up that keep ladies in check.
Regardless of the problem area, these picks have you secured.
The Best Shapewear for Every Body Type
HIGH-WAIST SHORTS: Spanx Higher Power Shorts
This do-it-all style shapes your thighs, butt, and hips with an additional accentuation on the stomach. The higher ascent is designed to dispose of muffin tops; there’s a no-slip belt to enable it to remain set up. The best part is you can wear it every day; The lightweight, seamless texture offers medium immovability, so it’ll be smooth without feeling like you can’t relax.
LOW-RISE SHORTS: Vassarette Comfortably Smooth Slip Shorts
These shorts are in like manner lightweight and reliable so they’ll smooth without inclination excessively contracting; notwithstanding they don’t come up as high as the past pair. Think of them as a layering base that you can wear under anything; paying little heed to whether skirts, dresses, or pants. Additionally, they’re moderate so you can even buy diverse sets if you have to wear them consistently.
BRIEFS: Flexees Maidenform Shapewear Hi-Waist
In case you’re searching for tummy control yet needn’t bother with thigh inclusion; this high-rise brief has firm control around the belly and a silicon belt to help keep it set up. It’s intended to smooth bulges and make the vibe of hourglass bends.
DRESS: Arabella Firm Control Slip
Brand slip creates the look of smooth bends and a compliment stomach. It is ideal for all-over pressure that you can wear under dresses. The Arabella Firm Control Slip even has back lifting boards in the back so you’re secured from all edges. To guarantee the ideal fit the lashes on top are adjustable too.
BRA SHAPEWEAR: Shapeez Shortee
A few bras make undesirable lines and bulges, however, this style has a smoothing texture to get rid of bra-instigated back-fat. Though overly expensive, the bra is comfortable, steady, and looked incredible under apparel.
TANK: Yummie Lena
This current one’s for you in the event that you typically wear a regular layering tank. You can toss on this style under tops to thin and smooth. but it won’t feel as contracting as normal shapewear. It’s additionally structured with increased pressure at the midsection and is made to fit up to a G cup bra without packing your bust.
FULL BODYSUIT: Bali Lace ‘N Smooth Body Briefer
This one-piece holds everything in comfortably and stays set up better than sectional shapewear. There’s likewise light covering around the cups since you won’t require your very own bra. The trim example looks decent, yet the brand also claims it makes the style more breathable. Plus, with the bottom conclusion, you can pee without changing into your birthday suit.
OPEN BUST BODYSUIT: Miraclesuit Shape Away Extra Firm Control Torsette
This style has the stay-in-place benefits of a bodysuit. but gives you even more compression than the previous style; and you can wear your own bra if you prefer. It has all-over smoothing benefits’ but panels in the midsection give extra support. This one also has the bottom closure that’s a lifesaver in the bathroom.
READ ALSO: 10 Best Strapless Bras That Stays Up
CORSET: Squeem Perfect Waist Contouring Cincher
The organized boning and smoothing texture cooperate to give you an hourglass shape. It might resemble an old-school bodice, yet the attached conclusion of the center lets you adjust the fit to your enjoyment. It’s intended for everybody, except is loved by baby blues ladies who need abdominal support. The organization likewise says that the support can help improve your posture If you’re interested to learn about further ways to improve posture support, check out this article on posture braces to find out more information as well as reviews of some of the more popular options on the market.
POSTPARTUM TUBE SHAPEWEAR: Bounceback Post Pregnancy Tummy Transformer
For new mothers who as of late had a C-area or are waiting for the belly to shrivel post-delivery; the belly sleeve has wide inclusion to smooth without being awkward. It’s consistent so it won’t feel like chafing against your skin. Regardless of whether you didn’t simply have a child; this board can give you forming benefits without requiring an all-out contraption.
Best Sleeves Shapewear: SlimMe Reach Arm Slimming Shaper
Shapewear isn’t just for your waist and bottom! Try this compression garment for smoothing under long-sleeve tops and dresses. It’s slight enough that it’ll fit under layers; it is intended to help with listing skin and diminish that irritating wiggling. The style is one piece and goes on simply like a bolero so you don’t need to stress over the sleeves moving down.
Choosing the Right Shapewear for Your Trouble Spots
When you’re trying to get a flawless look, whether or not you should use shapewear isn’t even a question. Stunning celebrities—like the Kardashians, Halle Berry, Oprah, Jessica Alba, and more—swear by it, so there’s no reason to be bashful. The question will be what is the right shapewear, especially when you consider your own personal trouble spots? Choosing the Right Shapewear for Your Trouble Spots
While the options might feel a little overwhelming, especially if you’re not accustomed to wearing shapewear, finding your perfect shaping solution online is not as hard as you think.
RELATED: How To Dress Your Body Type
Step 1: Identify Your Trouble Spots
Do you know what body type you are? That’s usually a helpful place to start when identifying your trouble spots. Women’s shapes can fall into several categories:
- Round figured (apple): You have a fuller bust and midsection, with narrow shoulders and hips. Your challenge is defining your waistline.
- Straight figured (rectangle): Your shoulders, waist, bust, and hips are all close in size. Your challenge is adding curves in the right places.
- Hourglass: Your figure resembles an hourglass: the waistline is smaller than the hips and bust. Your challenge is curve control.
- Curvy on the bottom (pear): Your hips are wider than your upper half. Your challenge is enhancing your bust or controlling those hips and thighs.
- Shapely on top (inverted triangle): Your upper half is noticeably larger than your hips. Your challenge is defining your waist and softening your shoulders.
You can determine which of these shapes best describes you by taking measurements of the bust, waist, and hips. But chances are you probably already know what you are. Based on your body type, you can figure out which areas on your figure need some shaping, slimming, and smoothing with the help of shapewear.
Step 2: Know Your Occasion
Once you know your trouble spots, next decide what occasions you will want to use shapewear for. Here are some factors to consider:
- Formal vs. every day: Generally you’re going to want a lot of compressions and shaping power for formal events like weddings. You may want something a little more breathable for everyday use, whether you’re at home or at work.
- Workout apparel: What you wear during your workouts is going to be different than what you wear to the office. Workout shapewear is designed to make you sweat for a more effective workout but can also be breathable and is designed to retain its shape during vigorous movement.
- Temperature: You may want to select your shapewear depending upon the weather and what you’re planning on wearing over the top. In hot weather when you’re wearing very light tops, some shapers might be uncomfortable and hard to hide. In cooler weather, you won’t mind some heavier shapers.
Step 3: Know Your Shaping Options
There are many options when it comes to shapewear, but they generally fall into a few categories. Choose your category based on your trouble spots and the occasion.
- Bust shapers: There are two ways to enhance your bust: with a great bra or with open bust shapers. The right bra will fill out and support your breasts. Bust shapewear like longline bras, corselettes, and bustiers have the cups built-in and provide firm support. These options are ideal under strapless styles like formal gowns.
Open-bust shapers are useful for everyday style and can provide an additional boost to your bra. These include strapless styles like waist training bands and corsets, as well as a variety of versatile strapped styles.
- Bra bulge solutions: Anyone can suffer from bra bulge, no matter what your size. These shapewear bras provide coverage for the back and the support you need for the bust.
- Shaping panties: These are an easy choice for everyday shapewear. Shaping panties flatten the belly and eliminate love handles and muffin top effortlessly. Choose a style based on how much coverage you want—some cover the lower abdomen, while some are high-waist. Some shaping panties are also designed to enhance the rear and control the hips, depending on the cut.
- Thigh shapers: Thigh shapewear takes shaping panties to the next level. In addition to waist and rear coverage, these shapers provide slimming and smoothing for the thighs. These work beautifully under dresses and skirts as well as tight pants. And if you like to wear leggings, make sure they are shaping leggings that provide targeting smoothing of your thighs, waist, and rear.
- Butt enhancement: Rounding and lifting your rear is easy and looks stunning. Many of these butt-enhancing shapers also slim the waist for a more pronounced hourglass effect. Try an open-bottom design for natural enhancement of your curves, or padded options. Or, select from thong backs to prevent a visible panty line. And if you like denim, check out the natural enhancement of butt-lifting jeans. These are specially designed to create a rounder, fuller look using unique stitching and cuts.
- Waist minimizers: Every body type can benefit from a slimmer waist and a more pronounced hourglass shape. Some of the most popular waist-slimming options are waist trainers, but there are many others to choose from. Check out bodysuits, shaping camis, and more with reinforcement at the midsection to ensure a smooth, flat tummy and flawless hourglass shape.
- Lower ab coverage: This can be a tricky area to target. If this is a trouble spot for you, you’ll want a shaper that is long enough and strong enough to provide the support you need. Choose from longer waist trainers or shapers that have a panty built-in and reinforce the lower abdominal area.
- All-over shapers: One and done. That’s the convenience of body shapes. Bodysuits and slips are designed to give full coverage where it counts. These work especially well under dresses and flowing materials, as they provide a smooth foundation for the fabric to fall over.
Step 4: Choose Your Support Level
Once you have some options in mind, the next factor you’ll want to consider when targeting your trouble spots is the level of control those options provide.
Contrary to what you might think, the key to powerful shaping is not a smaller shaper (proper sizing and a good fit are imperative—see below). Rather, the level of compression your garment offers is what’s going to determine your results. Check out garment descriptions to determine the level of shaping power.
- Light shaping: these are thin garments that provide smoothing but don’t offer a lot of extra support or figure contouring. These are most comfortable for casual wear and warm weather.
- Moderate shaping: these provide firmer smoothing and light shaping by using firm materials like light spandex and tummy control panels.
- Firm compression: these types of garments provide figure contouring and firm support and can help reshape your figure. They are typically reinforced with extra control panels and firm spandex.
- Maximum compression: this is as good as it gets when it comes to shaping and control. Powerful shaping materials like latex are typically used and can be reinforced with plastic or steel boning.
Step 5: Determine Your Size
This is a vital step in finding the right shapewear for your trouble spots. Our shaping garments have been tested and each one has a custom sizing chart. Do not simply guess what size you need. Using a soft vinyl or fabric measuring tape, take measurements before placing any order to ensure the best fit.
When it comes to shapewear, the most important sizes are your bust, waist, and hips. Your measuring tape should lie flat and firm against your body, but it shouldn’t be stretched tight. Also, be sure that it is level with the ground when you take your measurements (use a mirror or a friend for assistance).
- Bust: measure the fullest part of your bust.
- Waist: measure the narrowest part of your waist where there is a natural bend, typically two inches above your belly button.
- Hips: measure the fullest part of the hips.
Choosing the Right Shapewear for Your Trouble Spots
Once you have taken your measurements and consulted the custom sizing chart for your garment, choose the closest fit. For waist trainers, the most important measurement to go by is your waist. For other garments that provide shaping for multiple target areas, always go with the largest measurement.
When in doubt or in between sizes, always go a size up, rather than down. Not only can garments that are too small to be uncomfortable, but they won’t provide the most flattering results. Remember, firm compression is the key to shaping power, not garment size.
A little tip if you have a larger bust: stick with open-bust garments with adjustable straps for the best-fitting and most flattering shaping results.
Right Shapewear For Women Step 6: Trying It On and Looking Fabulous
Once you receive your shapewear in the mail it might be a little tricky to try it on at first. Step into it carefully and fasten slowly from the bottom up, adjusting as you go. You should not have to yank, stretch, or pull hard on garments that fit correctly, or you risk damaging them. Shapewear that fits should look flattering instantly; put on garments over it just to make sure.
Now you know the secret to targeting your trouble areas and choosing the right shapewear. Happy Shopping