The Mombo Nursing Pillow –Bonding Time
Unless you have had to position a baby to get a good latch on, you have no idea what wonderful lifesavers the mombo nursing pillows are. Moreover, if you are recovering from a C-section, these feeding pillows can make all the difference in the world!
Everyone knows that breast milk is manna from heaven for your baby. However, mombo nursing pillow are not just for nursing mothers – they work just as well for formula feeding. The benefits to both Mother and Baby cannot be overstated.
However, several factors can turn this simple act into a nightmare such as
- Inadequate supply
- Bad latch
- Back pain
- Bad posture
- Cracked nipples
With nursing/feeding pillows, new mothers can now relax and enjoy the experience since the baby is softly cradled in her arms while the entire lower portion of baby’s body is safely and comfortably supported. The baby can easily be moved and turned around without fear of falling.
These pillows usually come in a U-shape and go around your waist to provide relief to your back, neck, spine and arms. You can easily order them online. The decision to use a nursing/feeding pillow may just be the thing to make your life a little easier.
Here is how to properly use the feeding pillow:
- Breastfeeding is the time to bond with your baby-so no distractions! Turn off the TV and put your cellphone away.
- Place your pillow around your waist, with the backrest (if any) towards your back.
- Adjust the height: Once you are comfortable, fasten the belt or Velcro securely.
- Get comfortable – Use the adjustable straps to make sure the pillow fits snugly.
- Now, sit down with your baby’s head on the pillow. This posture will help your baby latch on properly – enjoy the time with your baby.