Using Castor Oil For Long and Thick Eyelashes
Castor Oil is the secret to long, lush eyelashes that you can achieve without reaching out for your mascara! It is a humble ingredient that you will find in your kitchen cabinet or at the grocery store. This oil is found to be super effective when it comes to achieving covetously thick and long lashes. It also helps in preventing breakage and stimulating faster and healthier eyelash growth. I’ve been using this magical ingredient for almost a year now, and the results have me wanting to stick to it forever – my lashes have significantly grown and gotten thicker.
Here are a few exciting methods in which you can incorporate the oil into your beauty regimen to accomplish those long, fluttery lashes you’ve been dreaming of. Let’s begin with the fundamentals first.
Castor Oil For Eyelashes – Is It Safe?
It is a natural ingredient, much like an all-natural conditioner and at a moderate dosage, it works fine without any side effects. As opposed to the extensive range of eyelash growth products in the market, that may or may not have side effects. Even if a little bit gets into your eye, it does not cause any damage; it only gives you a blurry vision if you apply an excess amount (in which case, you can wash it off). The trick to keeping it from getting in your eye is simple – apply with precision, in small amounts.
What Makes Castor Oil Good For Eyelash Growth?
Castor oil is easily the most effective home remedy for naturally gorgeous lashes. It’s packed with beneficial nutrients like proteins, minerals, fatty acids such as oleic, linoleic, stearic, and palmitic ricinoleic acids besides antifungal and antibacterial properties. It also contains natural compounds that promote hair growth. Let me give you other major reasons.
Castor Oil Contains Vitamin E
Vitamin E works as an antioxidant and helps repair and build tissue. It also repairs the damage to your hair follicles, so healthy follicles encourage hair growth.
It’s Rich In Ricinoleic Acid
Castor oil contains naturally high levels of Ricinoleic acid. This is an Omega-8 fatty acid, and it makes up a majority (85-95%) of the oil’s composition. It provides incredible nourishment to your lashes and helps accelerate eyelash growth.
It Adds Shine And Glossiness To Your Eyelashes
With its impressive composition and properties, castor oil has the ability to render glossiness and shine to your eyelashes when used on a regular basis. You can say goodbye to thin, lifeless eyelashes that are prone to breakage and falling.
Moisturizes and Hydrates
Castor oil works wonders to deeply hydrate and moisturize your lashes if you have brittle and tired eyelashes. The nourishment provides undoubtedly helps your lashes grow to their full potential.
How To Use Castor Oil For Eyelashes? – DIY Natural Eyelash Growth
There’s more than one way you can use castor oil for your eyelashes, and I’m going to acquaint you with the most effective ways in which you can incorporate into your beauty routine. Also, the best time to apply it is at night as this allows more time for it to saturate and you’ll wake up with healthier lashes each morning.
Pro Tip: For best results, make sure you use cold-pressed castor oil – it’s the kind with the greatest concentration of nutrients.
1. The Simple Method
This is the easiest way you can use for your eyelashes.
Step By Step Tutorial
- Clean your face and make sure you remove any traces of makeup from your eyes.
- Get hold of a clean mascara wand or a clean eyeliner brush.
- Dip it into the castor oil and carefully apply the oil on your upper and lower lashline, making sure it thoroughly coats each lash.
- Leave it on overnight, and you can remove it in the morning with a makeup wipe or some rose water.
2. Glycerin And Egg White Method for Thick Eyelashes
You can create your own natural eyelash serum with the help of a couple of ingredients that you will find at home. Glycerin is known for its moisturizing properties, and egg whites are famous for their high protein content.
Step By Step Tutorial
- Take a tiny bottle or a container and pour some castor oil into it.
- Now add about two drops of glycerin into the oil.
- Add two drops of egg white into this mixture.
- Using a clean mascara wand, gently apply your homemade serum to your upper and lower lashes.
- You can leave it on overnight or for a couple of hours before washing it off.
3. Castor Oil and Olive Oil Combo for Thick Eyelashes
Combining castor oil and olive oil is highly beneficial as your eyelashes will soak up the benefits of both oils. Olive oil is rich in vitamins A and E and is also packed with antioxidants.
Step By Step Tutorial
- Start with an empty container or a bottle as you can store this mixture for several uses.
- Pour about two spoons of olive oil into the bottle and two spoons of castor oil.
- Make sure the oils have blended together.
- Use a clean mascara wand or an eyeliner brush to apply this combination to your upper and lower lashline.
Leave it on overnight and remove using a makeup wipe in the morning.
4. Castor Oil and Sweet Almond Oil Combo
Combining almond oil and castor oil is a great idea if you want some extra benefits for your lashes and quicker results. Sweet Almond Oil is a rich source of vitamin E, fats, magnesium, and calcium. It helps add incredible shine and luster to your lashes – making them thicker, longer, and stronger.
Pro Tip: If you want to create a miracle lash serum, you can add a few drops of essential oils like lavender oil and rosemary oil.
Step By Step Tutorial
- Start by finding a tiny glass bottle or container to store the mixture for several uses.
- Pour two spoons of castor oil and two spoons of sweet almond oil into the container.
- Once the oils have blended, use a clean mascara wand or an eyeliner brush to apply one coat of this mixture to your lashes.
- For best results, leave it on overnight.
5. Vaseline, Coconut Oil, and Castor Oil Serum
Coconut oil is rich in nutrients and will help in making your lashes dark, soft, and shiny. Petroleum jelly is an incredible conditioning and moisturizing agent for lashes that are dry or brittle. This is a miracle recipe that you absolutely need to try.
Castor Oil For Long and Thick Eyelashes – Step By Step Tutorial
- Take a clean, tiny container or jar to make this serum.
- Now add two parts Vaseline, one part coconut oil, and one part castor oil.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- With an eyeliner brush or a clean mascara wand, apply one coat of this mixture to your upper and lower lashes.
- Leave it on overnight and wipe it off in the morning using makeup remover wipes.
How Long Does It Take For Eyelashes To Grow Back With Castor Oil?
The only way you can achieve effective results with castor oil is to religiously use it every night. To give you an average estimate, it takes about 3-6 months for eyelashes to grow back and for you to notice a significant change in the thickness, length, and overall appearance of them.
Side Effects Of Castor Oil For Thick Eyelashes
not known to cause any serious side effects when used in moderate amounts for your eyelashes. However, if you do get an excessive amount of it on, your vision may get blurry as the oil may seep into the eye and cause irritation. The best way to prevent this is to apply it with care and precision to avoid it from entering your eye.
If you haven’t tried it yet, it’s time you go out and get yourself a bottle. Besides the fact that you will save a whole lot of money – it’s a sure-fire way to efficiently achieve beautiful eyelashes. It’s time you begin your castor oil beauty regimen, and you will have great looking lashes in no time.